Monday, June 29, 2009

Michael Jackson - RIP


Like every kid growing up in the the 80's and the 90's, I was a big fan of the King of Pop. I still am today. The man made me love both music and dancing. My friends have often given me a theme song, either as a solo dance at a party or as a ringtone. They have always been songs from Michael Jackson.


My first official album was Jackson's heavily hyped Dangerous. I may have listened to "Black or White" too many times before actually listening to the rest of the tracks. His Captain EO movie ride was a highlight for me at my first visit to Disney World. Thriller was the first vinyl record I listened to. The music video of the title track both amazed and really scared me. The MOONWALKER film was very pretentious, but it had some of the best animations and music videos ever directed....


I could go on. He had his problems, but he still had the presence of a musical and social god.
Rest in Peace, MJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment