Friday, May 20, 2011

Macho Man Randy Savage - RIP





Macho Man Randy Savage died today from a deadly car accident. He was 58 years old.


If I had to think heavily to come up with the top pro wrestler, the person who kept my interest throughout the years to be considered as my absolute favorite, it would him.

He was certainly a part of my life in many ways. I have often joked about my own outer appearance as being Macho Man-esque, especially with my hair frizzed out and a full beard. I also mocked how I still haven't found my Miss Elizabeth in life, heck not even a Sensational Sherri.

My wrestling memories as a child were heavily focused on him. I liked Hulk Hogan but Savage had it all. He camped the hell out of his persona which helped his noticable impact in popular culture, from the Slim Jim ads to his later role as Buzzsaw in the first Spiderman film. He made going to the top rope elegant, making his signature elbow drop, a basic wrestling move, the most majestic thing to behold. One of favorite childhood memories was watching Wrestlemania VIII, where his powderkeg feud with Ric Flair ended with a fantastic match.

Though he hasn't appeared often in recent years, excluding a suprising promo for the WWE All-Stars videogame, I like a lot of fans rewatch some of his legendary matches, his peculiar and interesting promos, and his crazy highlights thanks to the infamous Botchamania video series.

Oh yeah, he was the man.






No comments:

Post a Comment