Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nintendo Power Will Cease to Exist




The bad news has hit all around the web. Nintendo Power, one of the longest and most popular video game magazines of all time, will cease its publication. The Nintendo Company did not want to renew its licensing agreement with Power's owner Future Publishing, thus dooming the magazine.

For kids during the reign of the NES, and then later with the Game Boy and the SNES, Nintendo Power was their always informative best friend. It revealed cheat codes, easter eggs, game maps, previews, and even comic book adventures. Subscribing to the magazine also gave the benefit of special VHS sent to your mailbox.

I was a fan of the magazine when I was young, even though I was a Sega kid. The magazine was one of the reasons why I kept begging my parents for a second video game console. Once I saved up my allowance for the Nintendo 64, the next thing on my special checklist, other than actually getting a game to play, was to obtain a subscription.

The magazine will release only a couple more issues, hoping to make them memorable for all of their fans.


No comments:

Post a Comment