Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Trailer Review - Edge of Tomorrow





Edge of Tomorrow
1st Trailer
Watch It Here


Person of Interest: Tom Cruise as Not-Billy Murray with the Elysium garb, Emily Blunt as Female Master Chief, and Bill Paxton!!! Nice to see you back in films!

Scene Pop: I got nothing.

Briggs Breakdown: A lot of gunfire, a lot of fire, 2 crashing planes, shaky sword slashing, sexy push-ups, and the Tom Cruise trademark of running away from explosions.

Effective?: Not really. It informs us of its Groundhog Day-like plot but nothing else.

Check it Out?: No. This just looks like Oblivion all over again; I was bored when I examined that film's trailer, and then later was bored when I reviewed it in theaters. Also, the last movie I was hyped up for by its trailer featuring robot-singing, it was called Battle: Los Angeles. It may end up being good but I'm already getting the vibe that this must be Cruise's After Earth.







No comments:

Post a Comment