Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Film Quotes of 2017


These are some of the choice quotes from the films of 2017, from the ones that had everyone repeating, to the ones that thrilled us at the art of dialogue, to some personal favorites.

WARNING: Some spoilers abound!


(EDIT: As with my Best of the Rest article, I didn't get this article up in time on 1/3/2018 and it's missing accompanying pictures as well. Please enjoy regardless.)



Alien: Covenant

I'll do the fingering.


Baby Driver

Was he slow?

Don't feed me any more lines from Monsters Inc. It pisses me off.


Blade Runner 2049

Cells.

Interlinked.

Within cells interlinked.

I know what's real.

You can't hold the tide with a broom.

Sometimes to love someone, you got to be a stranger.

Dying for the right cause. It's the most human thing we can do.

Her eyes were green.


The Florida Project

The doctor said we have asthma and we have to eat ice cream right away.

I can always tell when adults are about to cry.


Get Out

If I could, I would have voted for Obama for a third term.

Now you're in the sunken place.

Get out!

You know I can't give you the keys, right, babe?

You were one of my favorites.

I want your eyes, man.

I'm TS-motherfuckin'-A. We handle shit. That's what we do. Consider this situation fuckin' handled.


Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Yes, Drax, I got a penis.

I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy.

I guess David Hasselhoff did kind of end up being my dad after all.


It

What a nice boat. Do you want it back?

Hang tough, new kid on the block!

They're gazebos! They're bullshit!


mother!

Baby?

The inspiration! Where have you been hiding? Finish her.

You never loved me. You just loved how much I loved you. I gave you everything! You gave it all away.

Baby?


Personal Shopper

Lewis, is it you? Or is it just me?


The Shape of Water

If we do nothing, neither are we.

What am I doing, interviewing the shit cleaners?

Son, unfuck this mess.

Fuck. You are a god.


Spider-Man: Homecoming

Calling yourself the Shocker! "I'm the Shocker! I shock people!" What is this, pro wrestling?

It would be terrible to lose a student... on a school trip... again.

If you're nothing without the suit, then you shouldn't have it.


Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Hi, I'm holding for General Hux.

You are no Vader. You are just a child in a mask.

Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.

Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become what you are meant to be.

The greatest teacher, failure is.

We are what they grow beyond.

You come from nothing. You're nothing. But not to me.

You were always scum.

See you around, kid.


Thor: Ragnarok

Slaves is such a harsh word, I prefer "prisoners with benefits."

We know each other! He's a friend from work!

No Banner, only Hulk!

Hey, let's do "Get Help".


Wonder Woman

They came to the conclusion that men are essential for procreation, but when it comes to pleasure... unnecessary.

Really, specs? Suddenly she's not the most beautiful woman you've ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment