Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trailer Review - The Master





The Master
Teaser Trailer
Watch It Here


Person of Interest: A very confused, unstable, meta-infused Joaquin Phoenix.

Scene Pop: The entire interrogation.

Briggs Breakdown: Sand boobs, hidden alcohol, and a six-man tag match on the beach.

Effective?: Yes, in its off-putting and unnerving level.

Check it Out?: Too early to tell. I don't have a straight opinion of Paul Thomas Anderson's work; I've never been completely wowed by him and I still think There Will Be Blood is overrated. I still have a feeling that the film could pull a Tree of Life on me, though. This teaser doesn't sell the true plot of the film, it being a roman de clef of the creation of The Church of Scientology, but the trailer is gripping with some beautiful washed-out cinematography.


No comments:

Post a Comment