Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dark Knight Tragedy





Walking into my local multiplex today was not a fun time, as well as anyone else. As it has been reported all throughout the nation, a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises turned deadly in Aurora, Colorado, when a 24-year-old man opened gunfire into the large crowd. As of this writing, 12 have been confirmed dead and many others are in critical condition or injured.


This is a senseless tragedy, inflicted by an individual who calculated and preyed on the innocent lives of all those there. My thoughts and prayers go to those impacted by these cruel turn of events.


This deadly shooting is sure to impact everyone expecting to see the film this weekend, as it has for myself today. During the sequence where Bane and his cronies take hostages on Wall Street, I squirmed in my seat and felt disgusted for myself. It just didn't feel right with me.


This is also going to impact movie theaters as well. I can expect the once strict sanctions and rules before entering a theater right after 9/11 will either be temporary or permanently enforced once again. Midnight screenings will also be affected or alright cancelled.


Again, my thoughts and prayers go to Aurora, Colorado.


No comments:

Post a Comment