Thursday, July 26, 2012

Trailer Review - Cloud Atlas




Cloud Atlas
1st Extended Trailer
Watch It Here


Person of Interest: Due to the different time periods and parallel lives, I will just list the actors: Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess, Susan Sarandon, and others.

Scene Pop: The car crash.

Briggs Breakdown: 2 car smashes, 1 human free-fall, 2 blows to the head, 2 floods, 2 tight rope metal bridge walkings, numerous dead bodies, crazy old people driving, a whipping, a make-shift door, and a toilet plunger attack.

Effective?: I would say yes, but it still looks very trippy and heady, even with a long 6 minute trailer cut.

Check it Out?: Wait until the critics. The Wachowskis and Tom Tykwer both have been a long way since their great sci-fi epics and I don't think as of right now that this will do them any favors. I could be completely wrong and change my opinion come the film's release but both this and Life of Pi aren't really wowing me other than finger pointing at their special effects.



No comments:

Post a Comment